The 5th annual Market to Market Relay Iowa will feature 350 teams, starting in 8 different waves leaving from the bell tower in Jefferson, Iowa. Waves will begin at 5:45 am, with the last wave leaving at 9:15 am. You can look up your team’s information (including your team name, team bib number, wave & start time, and estimated time of finish) here.
The Race Day Guide is the key for you and your team to have a successful Market to Market Relay Iowa. It includes:
- Race rules
- Running leg maps, distances, and elevation profiles
- Step-by-step driving directions
- Post-Race Shindig information
- Finish Line information
- Team Time Card
Printed copies will be included in your race bag at packet pickup. You can view or download the 2017 Race Guide here.
Thanks to our friends over at Ervin & Smith, we’ve launched a new Market to Market Relay website! With their design, you’ll now be able to find all your race day information clearly. Explore the new website here.
Join the fun of stuffing race bags just a few days before the race on May 11th, 2017 at Animal Rescue League of Iowa in the Des Moines Metro. You can meet other runners, get your team bag early, hang out with the Pink Gorilla Events team, and eat some free pizza! You can register to help stuff team race bags here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How was my starting wave selected?
Teams are placed in waves based upon:
- Reaching the finish line between the coverage window of 3:30 pm and 8:30 pm.
- Maximizing your fun (passing and being passed by teams)
- Reducing Vehicle Congestion
- VIP vs Standard Team, selected by your captain (VIP Teams can pick their starting wave… Consider this option for next year!)
Can I change our starting wave time?
Team starting waves are rarely changed. However, we know injuries and data entry mistakes happen. If you think your team will be outside the coverage window at the finish, fill out this form and we will take a closer look at your team’s starting wave.